Carbon Creative is a multi-disciplined graphic communications agency supplying creative graphic design, web development and print management as its core services. We operate from a single business premises in Salford, Greater Manchester.
We are proud to be an environmentally responsible company. Founded in 2002 with an ethical commitment to be carbon friendly, sustainability is at the heart of our company, instilled in our people and promoted in our brand. We therefore treat our environmental policy as our company policy, perhaps uniquely for us they are one and the same.
Our mission statement:
A passion for creativity, a mind for innovation, a heart for the environment.
Creative and surprising, ethical and sustainable, innovative and pioneering, attentive and open, dependable and responsible, respectful and engaging, punctual and proud, fast and agile.
We are fully committed to reducing the impact our company has on the environment. This includes identifying the aspects of our business relative to this process, measurement and monitoring, providing solutions to reduce negative impacts and a commitment to continually improve our environmental performance. We promote our environmental ethos and policies internally to our staff and externally to our clients, suppliers and partners. We take our responsibilities on this matter very seriously and we provide the following statements of commitment:
We aim to:
- Assess and monitor our energy usage and waste output.
- Actively reduce our waste through waste reduction policies, recycle and re-use as much as possible and promote creative thinking amongst staff about this process.
- Strive for a carbon neutral status by reducing our co2 output to a minimum and use carbon offsetting programs to neutralise that what we cannot currently reduce any further.
- Embrace new and more efficient technologies to reduce energy consumption by providing better performance per watt or automated ‘power down when not in use’ policies.
- Educate staff, clients and suppliers on new methods and policies to reduce energy and waste generation.
- Purchase products and services from third party suppliers that share similar environmental positioning goals as our own.
- Be transparent in our findings, celebrate our environmental tribulations as much as our triumphs so that we and others can learn from our mistakes.
- Use our skills in marketing and communication to actively promote environmental sustainability and raise awareness to climate change in our region.
- Be localised and socially responsible, offer support and sponsorship for local organisations, agencies and not for profit projects in relation to environmental issues.
- Ensure that all our activities and services comply with all relevant environmental legislations.
- Encourage staff to engage in our environmental positioning, it is at the heart of our company. We have a responsibility to join in at a grass roots level with local communities and charities to enhance our local environment.
- Promote our tree planting scheme and encourage staff, clients and local communities to actively join in.
- Seek new opportunities to help raise awareness to climate change and enhance our local communities.
This policy is reviewed on a regular basis and will provide a framework for assessing and improving all environmental objectives and targets.