You love everything creative and thrive on crafting beautiful website designs
We have an excellent opportunity for a Website Designer in Manchester to work within our exciting multi-disciplined creative environment.
You’ll work with an award winning team of digital, development, graphic and brand professionals in a forward thinking agency based in the shiny new Tomorrow Building in MediaCityUK.
Are you a Website Designer in Manchester looking for your next exciting challenge?
This is a permanent role for an experienced Website Designer in Manchester with a diverse skill set and an ambition to broaden their abilities.
Say hello to Carbon...
We’ve been looking for you!
We’re an award-winning branding and web design agency based in MediaCityUK.
Our expectations of you
- Great portfolio with examples of work that you have taken the lead on. We’ll want you to talk through your portfolio with us and discuss the rationale and reasoning behind the work.
- Understanding of build processes and communicate well with developers in interpreting functionality ready for build handover.
- Be able to demonstrate deeper understanding of client briefs and requirements and interpret these to website features.
- You will be creatively diverse and able to show a high level ability in website design. Developing not just the high level concepts and designs but also be able to talk about them to the team and client contacts.
- You will be confident in adapting a clients brand and conceptualising this to website form.
- An ability to work independently as well as part of a team, confidently developing digital projects from the initial brief through to final dev handover.
- You are willing and confident in communicating with clients independently.
- A proactive attitude to awareness of design and industry trends, with a view to bringing those to the attention of others.
- You have an understanding of front end and what can and can’t be done.
- Competent knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud applications with a bias toward Adobe XD, Sketch, prototyping, Adobe Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop.
- Knowledge of UX/UI principles.
- Designs with Website Accessibility in mind.
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, CSS style guides, storyboards, user flows, process flows and sitemaps.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively.
- Up to date with the latest web trends, techniques and technologies.
- Can confidently talk about design choices.
- Comfort working in a deadline-driven environment.
Bonus skills and knowledge
- Experience with workshops, presenting ideas to clients
- WordPress knowledge would be good, just to see how much knowledge of how modules affect design template etc
- Be involved in the quoting process for new websites, or additions to current client websites
- Willingness to engage in interactive workshops with clients to explore their wants, needs and user journeys
- Create website navigation plans and sitemaps
- Create high-definition wireframes
- Create high-quality website designs
- Use InVision to create prototypes
- Collaborate with the branding team to make a brand shine online
- Collaborate with, and handover project designs to our developers and be involved with shaping the build based on your designs
- Communicate with clients throughout the project with thought and rationale behind your design decisions
We’ve got some amazing things to offer you. For a start you’ll get to work alongside our super friendly team of 14 other award winning creatives, developers and account managers working in a truly supportive environment, not to mention…
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Super cool studio environment in the heart of MediaCityUK
- Great opportunities for career progression
- A personal development budget to spend on courses, events etc
- Company support to help train and develop your skills
- Team fun days out (when possible again) and volunteering opportunities
- Flexible working
- Company pension scheme
- Employee benefit scheme – with savings and access to wellbeing and health services
- Great holiday entitlement which increases with service + your birthday off
- Ride2Work scheme
Sound like you?
We’re looking forward to hearing from you! Please send your CV, approx salary expectation and why you would love to join us to email@example.com