A little bit about you
You’re passionate about design and technology, you love to craft wonderful websites based on beautiful branding. You’re a front-end developer with a superb eye for detail, a passion for great design and usability.
You’ll enjoy collaborating in a team environment, a place where you can truly make a difference and help shape the work and processes for the benefit of yourself and everyone.
Are you an Senior Front End Developer looking for that next challenge?
Say hello to Carbon...
We’ve been looking for you!
We’re an award-winning branding and web design agency based in MediaCityUK.
Our expectations of you:
- Great commercial portfolio with working examples of your code, we’ll want you to talk through your projects, the challenges, solutions and technical goals.
- You love all things web, with a passion to help shape the front-end development processes and introduce new technologies and standards.
- You are able to clearly communicate your ideas to the team.
- You are creative and forward thinking in your approach to building websites.
- You can integrate well with a team of developers, creatives and account managers.
- You enjoy involvement in projects from initial concept through to delivery.
- You are willing and confident in communicating with clients independently.
Some things we’d find attractive about you:
- A portfolio of project work to be proud of!
- WordPress theme development – most of our sites are built in WordPress!
- Ability to build device tested, fully responsive websites using a mobile-first approach.
- Your sites are performance tested and accessible so they pass WCAG guidelines.
- The code you write is modern and cross-browser compatible.
- Experience using Sass and PostCSS and are familiar with modern CSS features.
- Confidence with Gulp, Bower, Composer and npm; they’re integral to our workflow.
- Git fundamentals and knowledge (using command line or a GUI).
- Experience working with SVG graphics on the web.
- Great knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud applications and Sketch.
- Good working knowledge of PHP and hooking into WordPress theme development.
Bonus skills and knowledge
If you know some of this stuff, you’ll be our perfect match:
- Vue.js (v2.0), Browserify and/or Webpack.
- Willingness to learn the latest technologies and JS frameworks. You have knowledge of compass and older build tools.
- You’ve built and tested responsive emails using templates and bespoke builds.
- You have some design knowledge and experience.
- You have experience with creating animations on the web using SVG or other technologies.
- You’re knowledgeable of Agile principles.
We’ve got some amazing things to offer you. For a start you’ll get to work alongside our super friendly team of 14 other award winning creatives, developers and account managers working in a truly supportive environment, not to mention…
- Excellent base salary.
- Company pension scheme.
- State of the art Apple Mac + Herman Miller Desk Station.
- Super cool office in the heart of MediaCityUK.
- Great opportunities for career progression.
- A monthly budget to spend on books, apps, events etc.
- Company support to help train and develop your skills.
- Team trips to web related events.
- Your birthday off.
- 21 holidays per year plus bank holidays.
- Ride2Work scheme.
How to apply:
We can’t wait to hear from you, we’re so excited, please email a short message about yourself, a link to your portfolio and a CV to email@example.com.
You could also include links to your GitHub, CodePen etc, if you have them (then our devs can get excited by your code).