You love everything design and thrive on crafting beautiful work.
We have a wonderful opportunity for a Graphic & Motion Designer to work within our exciting multi-disciplined creative environment.
You’ll work with an award winning team of digital, development, graphic and brand professionals in a forward thinking agency based in the shiny new Tomorrow Building in MediaCityUK.
We work with brands big and small, commercial and charitable at the intersection of design, science, education and ethics.
You’ll learn our processes and contribute your own, collaborating closely with our creative director, senior designers, web developers and account management teams. We believe that design is an iterative process so you’ll need to be self-motivated to meet deadlines with a ‘can do’ attitude.
This is a permanent role for an experienced Graphic & Motion Designer with a diverse skill set and an ambition to broaden their abilities to include motion graphics and animation.
Are you a Graphic & Motion Designer looking for your next exciting challenge?
Say hello to Carbon...
We’ve been looking for you!
We’re an award-winning branding and web design agency based in MediaCityUK.
At Carbon we believe in individuals who wish to shape their own future within the company and so training, knowledge share and personal development is encouraged and funding / time out to learn is offered.
Our expectations of you:
- Great commercial portfolio with examples of work that you have worked on. We’ll want you to talk through your portfolio with us and discuss the rationale and reasoning behind the work.
- You will be creatively diverse and able to demonstrate skills in logo design, visual identity, layout design, illustration and photo compositing. Developing initial concepts through to the final executed artwork with attention to detail.
- You will have worked on projects such as branding, brand guidelines, advertising and conceptual design.
- Experience in creating motion graphics and animation.
- An ability to work independently as well as part of a team, confidently developing creative projects from the initial brief through to final production.
- A proactive attitude to awareness of design and industry trends, with a view to sharing ideas with others and driving through new and innovative ways of working.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in an agency or creative studio environment.
Essential knowledge / skills:
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud applications including Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop.
- Good knowledge of Adobe After Effects, Adobe Animate, Premier and/or Apple Final Cut Pro will be seen as a solid interest in motion graphics.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and prioritise different tasks depending on deadlines.
- Be able to confidently talk to clients directly about your designs.
- An understanding of briefs, and designing a creative solution to meet a clients requirements.
Bonus skills and knowledge:
- The ability to quickly scamp out your ideas in hand drawn form.
- Storyboarding motion projects and/or wireframing digital projects.
- Interest in modelling and rendering skills in applications such as Cinema 4D.
We’ve got some amazing things to offer you. For a start you’ll get to work alongside our super friendly team of award winning creatives, developers and account managers working in a truly supportive environment, not to mention…
- Excellent base salary.
- Company pension scheme.
- State of the art Apple Mac Pro + Herman Miller Desk Station.
- Super cool office in the heart of MediaCityUK.
- Great opportunities for career progression.
- A monthly budget to spend on books, apps, events etc.
- Company support to help train and develop your skills.
- Team trips to design related events such as D&AD.
- Your birthday off.
- 21 holidays per year plus bank holidays.
- Volunteering days for great causes.
- Ride2Work scheme.
How to apply:
We can’t wait to hear from you, we’re so excited, please email a short message about yourself, your portfolio and a CV to email@example.com.
If you are recruiter please do not contact us at this time.