A little about us...
We are Carbon Creative, an award-winning branding and digital agency, proudly marking 21 years in the industry. Recently, we’ve made the exciting transition to become an employee-owned company. A creatively focused studio, we consider ourselves to be at the intersection of art / design, technology and sustainability.
We’re expanding our digital team and are on the lookout for a permanent Full-Stack Developer, an individual who embodies creative thinking and adept problem-solving skills. This role is brimming with excitement, as it involves crafting website applications for a diverse range of ambitious clients spanning multiple disciplines, including education, science, healthcare, sustainability, and both public and private sectors.
You’ll enjoy collaborating in a creative team, not just as a team member but as part of our employee owned company structure.
Carbon is a place where you can truly make a difference and help shape the work and processes for the benefit of yourself and everyone else.
Say hello to Carbon...
We’ve been looking for you!
We’re an award-winning branding and web design agency based in MediaCityUK.
We’re expanding our team with an exciting new role for a Permanent Full-Stack Developer at Carbon Creative.
A little about you…
Full-Stack Dev is just a label you are more than that; you’re someone who revels in the entire developmental journey. You have the skill to transform a beautiful website design crafted by our in-house design team using Adobe XD or Figma, into a functional reality. A process that uses our preferred open-source development stack, encompassing WordPress, PHP, JS, and various frameworks.
You’re passionate about design and technology, you love to engineer functional logic and databases for attractive looking websites, creating elegant code that helps improve the application experience for the people that use them.
You love the freedom of experimenting and a willingness to learn new technologies to help Carbon be at the leading edge of website application development.
Our expectations, you will…
- Have both Front-End and Back-End development skills with at least 1 years commercial agency experience.
- Have an interesting portfolio of working project examples, we’ll want you to talk through some projects you’ve worked on, the challenges, solutions and technical goals you strived to address.
- Work closely with the Tech Lead and other members of the digital team to help shape the Back-End development processes and introduce new technologies and standards.
- Have a creative and forward thinking approach to solving functional problems.
- Integrate well with a friendly team of in-house developers, creatives and account managers at Carbon.
- Enjoy involvement in projects from initial concept through to delivery.
- Love the variety of different client projects, iterating them forward and improving them over time.
- Enjoy tooling internal web applications for the benefit of Carbon and working alongside other team members sharing your knowledge and learning from theirs.
Some things we’d find attractive about you:
- Open-Source focus, familiarity of technologies such as PHP, Vanilla JS, VueJS.
- GIT fundamentals (using command line or a GUI).
- MVC (or willingness to learn) PHP Frameworks such as Symfony and Laravel.
- Have a good knowledge/understanding of OOP and Design Patterns.
- You are able to setup a production environment in a LAMP/LEMP.
- WordPress custom development (including hooks to add functionality).
- Experience with WordPress Advanced Custom Fields (ACF) and Gravity Forms.
- Knowledge (or willingness to learn) WooCommerce for WordPress.
- Dependency Managers and Task Runners such as NPM, Composer and GULP.
Bonus skills and knowledge…
If you know some of this stuff, you’ll be our perfect match:
- AWS Management (EC2 / RDS) – Server setup / maintenance.
- Configuration management (e.g. Ansible, Chef, Puppet).
- Experience of SASS and REACT.
We’ve got some amazing things to offer you. For a start you’ll get to work alongside our super friendly team of 14 other award-winning creatives, developers and account managers working in a truly supportive environment, not to mention…
- Employee owned (work here, own here, we share the profits and the decision making, our team do not just work at Carbon, they have collective ownership of Carbon).
- Competitive salary based on skill and experience.
- The chance to work on diverse projects for ambitious clients.
- Cool studio environment in the heart of MediaCityUK.
- Hybrid role with 2 days working in the office and 3 days working remote (Carbon has a great company culture so maintaining team building via getting together in the office is important to us).
- Great opportunities for career progression.
- A personal development budget to spend on courses, events etc.
- Company support to help train and develop your skills.
- Team fun days out and volunteering opportunities.
- Flexible working.
- Company pension scheme.
- Employee benefit scheme – with savings and access to wellbeing and health services.
- Great holiday entitlement which increases with service + your birthday off.
- Cycle2Work scheme subsidised bike purchase.
How to apply…
We’re excited to hear from you!
Please send your CV, approx. salary expectation and why you would love to join us to email@example.com
You could also include links to your GitHub, CodePen etc, if you have them.